Interested in Power over Ethernet systems? Here are some things that are important when selecting the best POE system for you.
- Outdoor capable: Be sure to purchase a system that has cameras that are waterproof. You will lost money, time, and frustration if you attempt to put indoor cameras outside
- High definition: You need a system that records in high definition. Almost all of the POE systems are HD, but make sure all of the cameras record in HD
- Night vision: While most burglaries occur during the day, make sure that these cameras have night vision as well. Also, check the night vision distance. The further the distance the better
- Configurable: Select a system that features a number of different configurations including: push and email alerts, motion detection zones and cloud storage.
- More Channels: The number of channels equals the number of cameras you can have on one system. It is always better to have more channels and not need them, than need them and not have them.
- Plug and play: This will reduce your stress and set up time in half. Just plug it in and go.
- Live streaming: access recoding in real time.
Top POE Picks for 2018
- Zosi PoE Home Security Camera System (click to check current price on Amazon) – Zosi is one of the leading security camera brands. You will be happy with this system
- A-Zone PoE Security Camera System (click to check the current price on Amazon) – Highly rated and easy to set up this is a quality PoE system
Why I like Zosi
Zosi checks all of the boxes mentioned above. See below:
- Records in 1080p high definition
- Eight channels, means you can connect up to eight cameras
- Max night vision distance is 100 feet and 105 degree viewing angle
- Plug and play technology
- Live streaming
- Push notifications, email alerts to your phone
- Set motion detection zones
A-Zone is My Second Favorite because…
A-Zone is also a great security camera for the following reasons
- 1080P high definition recording
- Plug and play technology makes for quick set up
- Remote review: view from your mobile device
- 115 foot night vision capabilities
- Expand network video recorder to 6 TB
About PoE Systems
Power over Ethernet camera systems use ethernet and network technology to transmit data and power the cameras. The PoE switch or network video recorder automatically detects when the camera is transmitting data or electricity.
Another benefit of PoE systems is they transmit and store video in high definition. PoE is usually more secure than wireless security camera systems. PoE systems can store video in either physical hard drives or cloud storage.