Do you need accessories for your cameras? I’ve put together a list of accessories based on camera type.
Accessories will vary based on camera type. For example, a wireless security camera may need additional batteries or a solar panel, whereas a Power over Ethernet system may need additional hard drive.
Wireless Camera Accessories
- Ring Rechargeable Battery Pack (click to check current price on Amazon) – This battery pack is a must if you have the Ring Spotlight Cam Battery
- Ring Solar Panel for Spotlight Cam (click to check current price on Amazon) – This is a need for the Ring Spotlight Cam Battery
- Security Wall mount for Arlo Pro (click to check current price on Amazon) – Your Arlo Pro comes with a magnetic connection, this is an upgrade wall mount and more secure
Why I picked these Accessories
These cameras will make your life a bit easier when using these cameras. The solar panel and batteries are needed to prevent you from climbing a latter frequently.
The wall mount will make your camera more secure than the magnetic connection that comes with the Arlo Pro
Power over Ethernet Accessories
- Mediabridge Ethernet Cable (100 feet) (click to check current price on Amazon) – 100 feet ethernet cable should meet your needs
- Netgear 5-Port Ethernet Switch (click to check current price on Amazon) – Use this switch to connect your network video recorder and your router
- Netgear (R7000-100PAS) Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router (click to check current price on Amazon) – This is a basic router that will meet all of your Power over Ethernet and wireless security camera needs.
- Linksys Velop AC2200 Tri-Band Whole Home WiFi Intelligent Mesh System (click to check current price on Amazon) – This is the current router I use. It takes advantage of mesh technology. This technology extends my router range quite a bit.
Why I picked these accessories
As I’ve mentioned throughout this site, a good router can really assist your security cameras. I recommend buying tases cameras and creating guest networks, and creating a really strong username and password.
Accessories will vary based on the cameras you purchased. If you have a question leave a note below.